Event by Blissful Events. Photo by Sparkle Photography
3 Unusual Wedding Design Questions You Probably Don’t Even Know To Ask
Do you feel that you’re in the midst of the world of wedding design overwhelm, brimming with Pinterest boards, magazine tear-outs, and input from your mom, mother-in-law-to-be, and best friend? At Blissful Events, we know that designing a wedding can be an involved process, especially if you dive right into wedding planning without first asking some deeper questions about who you and your partner are and what you two want.
When people begin designing their wedding—or come to us in the middle of the process with their hands in the air—one of the first things we tell them is that your wedding design should reflect who you are as a couple. A deep understanding of what makes you unique as a couple, what you most enjoy, and what makes you happy will also make your wedding an experience to remember.
Event by Blissful Events. Photo by Pitter Patter Photo
By Blissful Events. Photos by Avec L’Amour Photography, Jennifer Winfrey, Weddings by Scott & Dana photography & Mike Larson Photography.
What to know about creating a true-to-you-two wedding design?
- Wedding planning can overwhelm even the best organizers and project managers. There are so many decisions to make, and you may not even know what questions to ask in the first place!
- It’s easy to spend hours on Pinterest finding gorgeous, stylized images that make you “ooo” and “ahh.” But if those images don’t reflect the love you share with your partner, you might feel like an imposter at your wedding.
- When embarking on designing a wedding, it may feel like all your family and friends have input. But your wedding is about you and your partner—so your opinions are the ones that matter most.
- Exploring what you love as a couple is the key to creating a wedding design that showcases what makes you two special.
- One of the best ways to make sure that you get the wedding you want is by working with a team of experts. With decades of experience and a contact list as long as a royal wedding veil, professional wedding planners know how to avoid the pitfalls that most couples make when planning their big day and craft a dream wedding.
How is your wedding planning going so far?
- Does creating a wedding design have you in a tailspin with all of the options to choose from?
- With all of the external input, do you feel like your wedding isn’t even yours anymore?
- Do you desperately want help planning your wedding, but you’re not sure who to ask?
- Are you clear on the most important aspects of your wedding?
- Have you imagined an event that’s unique to you and your partner but feel too caught up in tiny decisions to be to bring it to life?
Event by Blissful Events. Photo by A. Loving Photography
3 Questions To Ask When Designing And Planning Your Wedding
Before we pick a floral arrangement, book a musician, or choose a color scheme, our expert wedding planners at Blissful Events take a step back to understand our couples and what they love, in addition to each other, of course! Then, we help them stay true to who they are and what they want. Here are some questions we ask of all our clients when creating their dream wedding design.
Question 1: How do you define yourself as a couple?
Your wedding should be a unique expression of you as a couple. To really home in on that, start by asking yourself some simple questions.
- What does date night look like for the two of you?
- What do you like to do together?
- What do you do for a dinner party with friends?
- What does a typical Friday night look like? How about a Tuesday?
Understanding what you like in your everyday life makes it easy to see what wedding ideas will create that same feel on a larger scale for you and all your guests.
For example, if you love getting glammed up and hitting the hottest new restaurant in town on a Friday night, then we’ll take a different approach you’re your wedding design than if you’re more likely to host an intimate backyard dinner party with twinkly lights and a few good friends.
Question 2: What do you want most at your wedding?
A major misstep that couples make when trying to plan their wedding is getting bogged down with too many choices and other people’s opinions. When thinking about wedding design, it’s important to prioritize the aspects you value most. List out your top three elements that you must have. Maybe that’s the wedding venue, the food, the wedding decorations, or a memorable experience you want to create for your guests. Your dream wedding should include all your non-negotiables.
Here are some examples of what couples prioritize in their top-three list:
- A meaningful wedding theme
- A travel-worthy location
- An awe-inspiring wedding venue
- An enchanting and delectable cake
- Engaging entertainment
- Gorgeous floral arrangements
- Gourmet food and drink
- Inspiring wedding decorations
- Lively music
- One-of-a-kind experiences
- Picture-perfect photography
To discover what’s most important to you, sit down with your partner, a glass of your favorite beverage, and talk through your must-haves. Once you’ve narrowed the list down to three, it will help focus other decisions of the wedding planning process.
Question 3: Who will help bring your wedding dream to life?
Many people don’t ask for the help they need in life, and planning a wedding is no exception. Sometimes that includes telling all of the cooks in the kitchen (your mother, your future mother-in-law, your best friend, and your sister) to exit the back door.
Your wedding day is about you and your partner. But people have their visions for you and can be pushy about them. That’s why having an experienced wedding planner can be your best asset. A professional wedding team will keep your vision front and center and provide the structure and support to make it happen. And they’re a convenient buffer against those suggestions you just can’t stand. Get used to saying, “Our wedding planner doesn’t recommend that,” and see how everyone’s opinions fade away with minimal hurt feelings.
Here’s another big plus of enlisting a wedding planner’s expertise—they know what questions to ask and can quickly find solutions to sudden situations. Adapting to inclement weather, addressing last-minute vendor specifications, and handling unusual challenges are all in a day’s work for the pros. And that means it doesn’t have to weigh on your head or shoulders on your big day.
Events by Blissful Events. Photos by Sparkle Photography, Courtney Stockton Photography, Scott & Dana photography and Lisa Mallory Photography.
Wedding by Blissful Events. Photos by Chrisman Studios.
Enjoy the entire wedding design process
We want you to enjoy designing your wedding from start to finish. By prioritizing what is important to you and working with our team of wedding planner experts, it will be easy and enjoyable to get from day one to wedding day!
- Blissful Events will guide you each step of the way and help you stay true to you two.
- Planning a wedding has a lot of firsts and things you don’t know. Let us make it easier by giving you an array of ideas and an outline process so you can create exactly what you want.
- Remember, this is a huge event, and you don’t have to go it alone. Blissful Events is alongside you every step of the way.
- We want to help you create something special. From the big decisions to the little details, we’ll help you make this day stand out as one of the most important of your life.
How It Works
Step 2. Start Designing Your Dream Wedding
Work with Samar to envision your dream wedding. We’ll focus on what’s most important to you, and then our talented team will curate each piece to bring your big day to life.
Step 3. Get Married and Completely Enjoy Your Wedding Day
Stop Stressing and Start Dreaming With Blissful Events
We know how important your wedding day is to you and your loved ones. Let us be your guiding star to create something that truly reflects you as a couple. We’ll design an experience that will make your wedding day truly memorable, and we’ll even make the process fun!
Blissful Events was founded in 2007 by a premier wedding planner for California’s wine country, Samar Hattar. Samar is an expert in her field, with 15 years of experience working with top luxury wedding venues and vendors as a Napa wedding planner.
Samar and the Blissful Events team pour themselves into each event to ensure each client gets the fullest attention and the support they need to navigate such an important life event. We take care of the details and bring your creative vision to life. No cookie-cutter weddings, cliched designs, or trite experiences allowed! The Blissful Events team will curate your wedding to reflect who you are and what makes your coupledom unique.
Why stress out over designing a wedding that doesn’t truly reflect you as a person? Our team of wedding planner experts can help you navigate wedding design in a fun, creative way that allows you to share an authentic experience with the people you love the most.
Photo by Christophe Genty Photography.